Android Project (Remote)
Implementation - 'XApp-Core' for Android native : Smartphone & Tablets (Dual-Navigation ala iPad)
Key – Parts to implement :
- CSS – Parser in order to apply basic CSS attributes to Android render elements. Must remain compatible with our hybrid, mobile – web – app and iOS native output.
- Basic rendering of Rich-Text (strong optimized HTML). The renderer must recognize pictures into galleries (data provides that already).
- External urls are open a web view
- Internal Urls open the right view, see Url-Schema
- Must work and behave as shown in http://www.bitly.com/webxapp4 (Tablet & Smartphone)
- URL – Scheme – Handler to open views from a url like :
- myApp://customUrlScheme/reference (not now)
- myApp://pdf/reference (not important now)
- This urls are already in the right format, provided by the data.
- A "View" contains "Modules", managed by a module controller (lay-outing, sizing) :
- Banner-Module (not now)
- On Tablets we have a "MultiView" and a "MultiView-Controller" :
- This just wraps 2 normal "Views" into a single view : Navigation & Detail
- Each data segment can have style overrides (another CSS sets)
- App must work offline (except for some web-sources)
- Automatic rendering of dual navigation on tablets
- Robust memory management for low-spec devices
- Robust feature selection for low-spec devices
What's provides already :
- Lots of servlets for conversation (GDoc->PDF, Meta-Stream parser, Picture – Resizing,…)
- Resource and file structures for mobile our apps. See here the full dump of mobile app.
- Android compatible implementation of the data model (Java Classes, HTML-Parser, Data-Utils,…). There are hundreds of classes
- The General behavior of our mobile applications (must be identical to http://www.bitly.com/webxapp4 : smartphone & tablet compatible, see JS console for more )
- Enterprise – Architect - Low–Level Diagrams (Class Overviews)
- Reference implementation in iOS and JS
Short Description of the myeventsapp108.zip
- contains all settings of a mobile application
- The smallest unit is the "ConfigurableInformation" in the system and is being used in all platforms. A ConfigurableInformation can be overridden per platform (See XApp-Studio-Pro).
- The "Page" class in /items contains a CI for title, icon and datasource
- /ciOverrides contains CI-Overrides
- /metaDataStore contains settings like AppIcon,App-Title, Facebook-App-Key,…
- /dataSources contain registered Datasources like Google-Documents/Joomla & Friends/ Wordpress,… Login-Details are encrypted.
- Downloaded content for each registered data source. Its a unified format and is optimized by the server for mobile use.
- The content will synchronized by the app. In fact the most must work offline. The server provides all whats needed.
- Can be extend for Android native. The CSS in the files represents also what must be translated into native code/visual properties.
- Reference by the CSS
- Transformed and optimized by the server, per platform and run-time configuration (debug/release) on Ajax or command line demand
You don't need to implement every little detail being shown in http://www.bitly.com/webxapp4.
What's more important to us is that developer provides a stable base and knows to pitfalls of the Android-Device fragmentation (i.e.: Audio/Video).
The budget however is 3500,- Euro. Please tell us what you think, or more important, which parts can not be covered by the budget.